Registration now closed.
Congratulations to 2016 Superbowl Champion Junior team!
Click the links to the left to check out the season’s Video Highlights on our Hudl page and the Picture Gallery on our Flickr page.
2017 Important Dates
- Tackle season: July 31 – October 8 with the likelihood of playing to October 22 View Schedule
- Flag SEASON:July 31 – October 8 View Schedule
- First Practice: Monday, July 31 (tackle); Wednesday, August 2 (flag)
- TACKLE practices: Mondays & Wednesdays 5:30-8:00, Thursdays 5:30-7:30
- FLAG PRACTICES: Wednesdays 6:00-7:30, perhaps some Thursdays 6:00-7:30
- Equipment Issue: July 22, 10am-12pm and July 25, 6pm-7pm
- FUNDRAISER: Mid-August
- Flag Combine: Saturday August 19 @ Hoosick Falls
- TACKLE Combine: Saturday August 26 @ Granville
- Picture Night: TBD; likely a Wednesday night in late August
- First Game: Saturday, September 2 (Flag) Sunday, September 3 (Tackle)
The registration fee remains $130 for Tackle and $40 for Flag. Registration includes a Schuylerville Football T-Shirt and necessary equipment. Parents are responsible for cleats and athletic supporter. We have a stockpile of gently used cleats of varying sizes in the shed if anyone needs a pair.
Changes to the Flag Program
We decided to join the NYFL Flag program this year (same league as Tackle) rather than run an intra-mural program in house. Last year we scheduled games against Greenwich and Stillwater and the kids had a blast.
This year we will play other communities each week with 3 home games and 3 away games. We will participate in the Flag Combine on Saturday August 19th and the first game will be Saturday September 2nd. Practices will start earlier than in previous years to ensure the kids are ready to play.
Also, we worked with our insurance carrier to expand our coverage so there is no minimum age requirement anymore for Flag, so 4yr olds entering Kindergarten are ELIGIBLE to play! Previously you had to turn 5 prior to September 1st.
All of our volunteer Tackle coaches have been CERTIFIED by USA Football through the HeadsUp Football program. The youth football coaching course covers concussion certification, identifying heat exhaustion, and how to teach proper football fundamentals, among other things. For more information and parenting resources please visit www.usafootball.com.
Tackle Football parents must submit the following at the time of equipment issue. Flag parents can bring to the first practice. Forms can be found under the Forms section to the left or by clicking the associated link. Parents will be asked to consent to the OSAA Code of Conduct and Schuylerville Football Guidelines during online registration.
- Authorization for Medical Treatment of Minors http://www.osaacolts.org/images/Documents/osaa_medical_authorization.pdf
- Release of Liability http://www.osaacolts.org/images/Documents/osaa_release_of_liability.pdf
- [Tackle Only] Photocopy of Birth Certificate for all NEW players (we don’t need a certified copy)
- [Tackle Only] Photocopy of 4Q report card from prior year
- [Tackle Only] $130 check for equipment security deposit payable to OSAA and to be returned at seasons end. Checks will only be cashed if equipment is not returned or is considerably damaged.
- Require items 4-5
- We have items 1-3 on file and you may simply update and initial at the equipment issue (Tackle) or first practice (Flag).
Youth Football Program at a Glance
We offer a Flag program for children in Kindergarten – 2nd grade and a Tackle program for grades 3-6. Our teams compete against local communities in the Northeast Youth Football League (NYFL).
Most Tackle games are held on Sundays and practice three times per week. The Tackle season runs from early-August to late-October. Flag games are usually on Saturdays with practices 1-2 times per week from early-August to early-October. Our home games are played on the turf field at Schuylerville High School and practices are at Fort Hardy Park.
- Flag: Kindergarten- 2nd Grade (no minimum age requirement anymore)
- Junior Tackle: 3rd Grade/4th Grade; maximum weight 120 lbs
- Senior Tackle: 5th Grade/6th Grade; maximum weight 140 lbs
Flag: Kindergarten - 2nd grade. For children that turn 8 before September 1st they are required to move to Junior Tackle.
Junior Tackle: 3rd - 4th graders and those 2nd graders who turn age 8 before September 1st. Those that will be age 11 before November 15th must play at the Senior level. Weight limit is 120lbs at time of NYFL weigh-in (held once a year before the games begin).
Senior Tackle: 5th - 6th graders and those 4th graders too old for the Junior level. Those that turn age 13 before November 15th are ineligible to play. Weight limit is 140lbs at time of NYFL weigh-in (held once a year before the games begin).