Welcome to the Schuylerville Colts Youth Football page!
Registration is open from May 11th through June 25th for Tackle (grades 3-6) and July 10th for Flag (grades K-2).
Please click here to register: http://osaacolts.siplay.com/
2018 Important Dates
• Tackle season: July 30 – October 7 with the likelihood of playing to October 21
• Flag SEASON: July 30 – October 6
• First Practice: Mon. July 30 (Tackle); Wed. August 1 (Flag)
• TACKLE practices: Mondays & Wednesdays 5:30-8:00, Thursdays 5:30-7:30
• FLAG PRACTICES: Wednesdays 6:00-7:30, perhaps some Thursdays 6:00-:7:30
• Parents Meeting: TBD
• Equipment Issue: July 21, 10am-12pm and Jul 24, 6pm-7pm
• FUNDRAISER: Mid-August
• Flag Combine: Saturday August 18 @ Brunswick
• TACKLE Combine: Saturday August 25 @ Brunswick
• Picture Night: TBD; likely a Wednesday night in late August
• First Game: Sat. September 1 (Flag); Sun. September 3 (Tackle)
• BANQUET: TBD
The registration fee remains $130 for Tackle and $40 for Flag. Registration includes a Schuylerville Football T-Shirt and necessary equipment. Parents are responsible for cleats and athletic supporter. We have a stockpile of gently used cleats of varying sizes in the shed if anyone needs a pair.
We are fortunate to have dedicated, experienced coaches volunteer their time to our program year after year. In 2018, Jr. Super Bowl Champion Coach Noah Bolduc will return as Head Coach for the Senior team; Juniors will be led by Pat Dooley.
All of our volunteer Tackle coaches have been CERTIFIED by USA Football through the HeadsUp Football program. The youth football coaching course covers concussion certification, identifying heat exhaustion, and how to teach proper football fundamentals, among other things. For more information and parenting resources please visit www.usafootball.com.
Tackle Football parents must submit the following at the time of equipment issue. Flag parents can bring to the first practice. Forms can be found under the Forms section to the left or by clicking the associated link. Parents will be asked to consent to the OSAA Code of Conduct and Schuylerville Football Guidelines during online registration.
1. Authorization for Medical Treatment of Minors http://www.osaacolts.org/images/Documents/osaa_medical_authorization.pdf
2. Release of Liability http://www.osaacolts.org/images/Documents/osaa_release_of_liability.pdf
3. [Tackle Only] Photocopy of Birth Certificate for all NEW players (we don’t need a certified copy)
4. [Tackle Only] Photocopy of 4Q report card from prior year
5. [Tackle Only] $130 check for equipment security deposit payable to OSAA and to be returned at seasons end. Checks will only be cashed if equipment is not returned or is considerably damaged.
Youth Football Program at a Glance
We offer a Flag program for children in Kindergarten – 2nd grade and a Tackle program for grades 3-6. Our teams compete against local communities in the Northeast Youth Football League (NYFL).
Most Tackle games are held on Sundays and practice three times per week. The Tackle season runs from early-August to late-October. Flag games are usually on Saturdays with practices 1-2 times per week from early-August to early-October. Our home games are played on the turf field at Schuylerville High School and practices are at Fort Hardy Park.
• Flag: Kindergarten- 2nd Grade (no minimum age requirement anymore)
• Junior Tackle: 3rd Grade/4th Grade; maximum weight 120 lbs
• Senior Tackle: 5th Grade/6th Grade; maximum weight 140 lbs
Flag: Kindergarten - 2nd grade. For children that turn 8 before September 1st they are required to move to Junior Tackle.
Junior Tackle: 3rd - 4th graders and those 2nd graders who turn age 8 before September 1st. Those that will be age 11 before November 15th must play at the Senior level. Weight limit is 120lbs at time of NYFL weigh-in (held once a year before the games begin).
Senior Tackle: 5th - 6th graders and those 4th graders too old for the Junior level. Those that turn age 13 before November 15th are ineligible to play. Weight limit is 143lbs at time of NYFL weigh-in (held once a year before the games begin).